Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Review of Sweetpea Beauty: A Girl After God's Own Heart

From the Cover:
"Sweetpea Beauty know that what's on the inside is what matters most, but insecure Queen Blueberry can't see past her own reflection! Will Sweetpea save the Queen from the lies of the tricky mirror and help her understand she's special just the way God made her? Find out in the fairy "Veggie" tale about the real meaning of true beauty."
  
As I said in a previous review, Sweetpea Beauty is painful to watch. I once heard someone say that it looks unfinished, and I totally agree. The Snoodlerella story for the most part looked better than the rest of the show though.


But in spite of all that, this episode has a pretty decent story. Snoodlerella is an instant classic and just as good as the original Snoodle's Tale. I have to say, Bob as a snoodle with hands was pretty funny.

The Silly Song, on the other hand, was somewhat annoying and really weird, even for Silly Song. I really don't see what's so funny about a commercial for pants. Although some of the lines in the song did make me laugh, the song is definitely not one that I can see myself singing at the top of my lungs with my friends while riding in the church van.

I liked the way the Sweetpea story used elements from classic fairy tales such as Cinderella, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. It truly is a princess story, even more than Esther and Duke and the Great Pie War were. And they did a good thing by including Sweetpea's father in the story and showing how he had taught her about God's Word. Also, the mirror was great villain.

For me, one of the highlights of this show was the minstrels. They're so funny! I love the scene where they do the "action music." And the Seven Snow Peas were great too. Unbrilliant's "acorn" line has been quoted around my house many times.

I have to say, the pink credits were beautiful, as was Nichole Nordeman's song Beautiful for Me. In spite of some major technical issues and a not-so-silly Silly Song, I feel fairly certain that this show will soon become a classic. I rate it 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment