Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Eye On The Tiger: Perseverance For The New Year!

We're at the end of the first month of the new year, and so begs the question... how are your resolutions? Or if not resolutions, your goals? Your promises to yourself? I know at the beginning of the year, we often feel like we can take on the world. But after a while, it starts to feel hard, or after not getting what we wanted fast enough, we start losing hope.

Well, I know for a fact that there's a VeggieTales episode for you -- Sumo of the Opera! I know this because I've energized myself many times by singing, "A Sumo Can't Go Wrong"! We all need to be reminded to persevere and keep on keepin' on, and this episode is one of the best reminders! 

So, if you're having a case of the Mondays, feeling overwhelmed by work or school, or really don't want to attend that fitness class, here's a breakdown of the most epic training montage known to Veggie-kind to make you smile and get you pumped!

Image credit: my own DVD

Fueled by young Hadrian's drive and an awesome song by the sumo men's choir, Scallion goes from quitting to keeping his eye on the tiger, both metaphorically and literally! 

(C'mon, there's not one of you out there who doesn't want that tiger bike...)

Image credit: my own DVD

 

Then that rock music kicks in and Scallion's takin' it to the escalators! Look at that determination on his face... he's got his head in the game as he scales that metal mountain!

Image credit: my own DVD

 

Sit-ups. Not fun, but a necessary part of his journey. Also, major props to the fact he's doing this without arms or legs.

Image credit: my own DVD

 

Can Scallion do it? Yes he can! Sorry.

Image credit: my own DVD

 

Just look at him... takin' it like a champ! Some days we hit the recycling bag, and some days the recycling bag hits us. What matters is getting up again!

Image credit: my own DVD

 

He does some more sit-ups, more can crushing, and then... something epic happens. He blows a massive recycling bag up! #Winning

Image credit: my own DVD

And look at him eat that sushi! AND the "all you can eat" sign! Now that is perseverance, 'cause I'm not sure people who like sushi could stand eating that much at once -- not even sumo wrestlers who like sushi could eat that much!

(If you're a sumo wrestler who likes sushi and could eat this much, feel free to correct me)

Image credit: my own DVD

 

Watch him own those cans! Scallion is a serious boss!

Image credit: my own DVD

 

His skills with the mop make us green with envy... and maybe with motion sickness, too...

Image credit: my own DVD

 

And when we succeed and come out victorious... no feeling could be greater! :D

Image credit: my own DVD

 

So, whatever you're fighting, whatever you're working for, don't give up and don't lose hope. Because however it ends, you're a winner in God's eyes. And that's a feeling as welcome as flowers that bloom in the spring!

GMUS & <3sUVM
- Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment